The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers, a way to connect and support each other out here in the big wide bloggers world. I’ve been slowly trying to become more involved in the blogging community and so I was totally touched when Notes From A Banjo nominated me for the Liebster award 2017! She is a fellow American abroad, living in Brazil. Check out her blog for her thoughts on travel, self help, music, food and diy projects. And if you want some Brazil inspo, check out her IG! @anjoobanjo8 Thank you for the nomination love 🙂
You can read all about the Liebster Award 2017 here including the official rules and some of the history behind how this award came to be!
The gist of the award is that you answer 11 questions the previous blogger asked, provide 11 random facts about yourself and then create a new list of 11 questions to ask 5+ other blogs that you nominate.
So, lets get started!
- Why did you begin blogging? I’ve had a blog for a long time, mainly to just record my own thoughts and poetry. When I moved abroad a year ago, I created this blog – specifically for traveling and all that comes with it! I started it just as a way to keep my family and friends up dated on my life but I recently decided to take it more seriously and see where it takes me.
- What is your favorite sport? Weightlifting and powerlifting.
- What is your favorite characteristic about yourself? One thing that I like is that I always see the good in a person or a situation before the bad…I think it has saved me a lot of unnecessarily wasted energy by believing that people don’t have bad intentions and by allowing people the same space to figure life out that I hope people allow me.
- What is your favorite book? Pride & Prejudice! Cliche…probably. But I never get tired of their love story no matter how many times I read it.
- What is the best place you’ve visited and why? Everywhere I’ve been holds a place in my heart for different reasons. One of my favorites will always be Tahiti & Moorea where I studied abroad when I was in college. It felt like coming home to a place you didn’t know you were always missing, and it was the first time I really felt connected to the person I wanted to be.
- What is your dream trip? Right now, my dream trip would be going to American Samoa. I’ve never been and I feel like seeing where I am from is a missing puzzle piece in my life right now.
- What is your meaning of life? To me life just comes down to being happy, making sure your loved ones feel special to you and doing your part to leave the world better than you found it. If whatever I’m doing isn’t fulfilling one of those three things, I reevaluate why I’m doing what I’m doing and who I’m doing it for.
- What is your favorite social media handle? Personally, I love Twitter! It makes me laugh, gives me knowledge & always shows me a glimpse into how people really think.
- What is something you’d like to improve in your life? I want to improve my relationship with self doubt and having the courage to follow a path that really lights me up.
- Who inspires you? My mom, Beyonce, Rihanna, Obama, my friends, authors, artists, anyone following their passions…I’m easily inspired 🙂
- Beach, mountain or city? Beach any day! But I also love the mountains and a good big city.
Avocados make me happy. I’m a sci-fi/supernatural tv show fan. I love to cook and bake for people. I don’t have a good memory. I looooove water. I really enjoy getting lost in a good book and if I don’t have plans, I love to go to a bookstore or coffee shop to read for the day. I don’t like theme parks or rides. I enjoy writing – whether its personal, professional or academic. I have a weakness for skin care shopping. I have 2 tattoos but want many…many…many more. I like soup on hot days.
The New Questions
- What’s the inspiration behind your blog?
- What are your three favorite foods to buy when you go grocery shopping?
- If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
- What is one skill you’ve always wanted to have but never taken the time to learn?
- What’s your favorite scent?
- What are 3 places at the top of your travel list?
- What is one pet peeve of yours?
- You want something to drink, besides water, what do you reach for?
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
- How do you practice self care?
- What is an assumption people make about you and is it true?
- Traveling Light
- Thai Times
- Teeth and Eats
- The Need For Expression
- Traveling Outside the Box
- A Wanderlust Storey
Thanks for reading!